The success of your business lies in how fast you can turn data into actionable insights
Making the correct decisions at the right time is key to sustaining the success of your business. In order to make correct decisions, it is critical to have accurate insights from your ERP or CRM system. Incorrect or misleading information will influence the decision-makers to make unprofitable decisions that will ultimately have a negative impact on the whole enterprise. Similarly, receiving the correct information late will also impede the timely decision-making process that could cause the enterprise to lose money as well as its reputation. Therefore, it is important to get hold of correct, real-time insights to make key business decisions.
But do we know how to do that?
Converting data into useful insights is one of the trickiest challenges faced by not just the users who are working with NetSuite, but also those who are working with data in general. There could be various questions such as which approach best fits, would spending a large amount of money for a high-end NetSuite reporting tool serve the purpose, and will they always have the in house expertise to manage complex reporting systems.
For most NetSuite users, NetSuite itself is their biggest data repository and NetSuite provides their own resources to model that data. But what if you could unlock your NetSuite data and see it in a familiar environment like Excel which is arguably the best tool in the world for analyzing data?
What would an ideal solution look like?
A tool that presents insights on top of NetSuite to make important decisions would ideally have the following characteristics:
- Powerful visuals: Ability to present out-of-the-box, eye-catchy, easily-consumable reports with graphs and charts for business functions by exploiting the power of spreadsheet applications, e.g., Microsoft Excel.
- Ease of use: Ability to bring NetSuite data into a spreadsheet with predefined templates without exposing the complexities of data.
- Timely: Ability to automatically present near-real-time data without having to go through the hassle of extracting, transforming, and loading data manually.
- Secure: Ability to keep data intact using NetSuite Security while having the flexibility to securely share reports with non-NetSuite users.
CloudExtend to the rescue
Our team at CloudExtend saw that there is a real need among business-savvy users for a tool that brings NetSuite data into a familiar environment on which they can extract insights for better decision making.
As per Chris Corcoran, General Manager at CloudExtend, the motivation behind building such a tool was not something solely initiated within CloudExtend. “Building this new product wasn’t initiated within, but formed as a result of numerous requests made by thousands of CloudExtend Excel for NetSuite customers.”
The key considerations that CloudExtend took into account while creating this tool were:
- Ability to install and configure within minutes with zero implementation time
- Inherits the powers of Microsoft Excel to support advanced reporting
How CloudExtend Analytics for NetSuite helps you make correct, timely decisions
CloudExtend’s strong background in ERP and CRM promises to provide NetSuite applications that allow end-users to work exponentially faster and easy to use. CloudExtend’s latest addition to their product suite, CloudExtend Excel Analytics for NetSuite is capable of visualizing data to provide all the insights you need to make the right business decision at the right time. It has the flexibility to customize and control your data to get insights about your NetSuite data. Following are some key features of CloudExtend Excel Analytics for NetSuite.
- Stream your NetSuite saved searches into Excel
- Run your large (or small) searches on schedules
- Connect multiple searches with Excel Power Query or Power BI
- Visualize NetSuite data with dynamic pivot tables, charts, and advanced formulas
- Embed Excel files in NetSuite dashboards
Here are just a few reports we’ve created in Excel. What will you build?
Excel is a blank canvas just waiting for you and CloudExtend. Below are just a few reports we built using CloudExtend.
For Finance | Board Ready Financials
(switch dates on the fly and see your data update in less than a second)
For Finance | A/R Aging
(by customer, age, and by sales rep with subsidiary slicers)
For System Admins | Login Audit Trail
(with slicers for status, department, role, and login detail)
For Marketing Teams | Lead Report
(with slicers status, subsidiary, lead source)
For Sales Managers | Opportunity Status Report By Rep and Item
(with slicers for subsidiary, status, forecast type, and probability)
For Sales Managers | Sales Report By Rep and Item
(with slicers for year, subsidiary, and item class)
CloudExtend Excel Analytics for NetSuite is available now
We recently concluded our beta program during which we received a lot of positive feedback.
“I’ve been waiting 10 years for an app that can consolidate my NetSuite searches in Excel so I could stop using CSV export and copy/paste. CloudExtend nailed it.”
-Evan Vana, COO, New England Clean Energy
CloudExtend Excel Analytics for NetSuite is available for licensing today and, like all of our apps, it will receive regular updates during the course of your subscription.