Top Considerations When Selecting a Data Analysis Solution for NetSuite
Making the correct decision at the right time is key to sustaining the success of a business. In order to make the best decisions, it is critical to have accurate insights from the ERP or CRM system, such as NetSuite. Incorrect or misleading information could cause decision-makers to make unprofitable decisions that could ultimately have a negative impact on the whole enterprise. Similarly, receiving correct information late could also impede the timely decision-making process and impact the enterprise’s finances as well as damage its reputation.
Challenges with Data Analysis
Converting data into meaningful insights is one of the most significant challenges faced, not just by the users who are working with NetSuite, but also by those who are working with data in general. For most NetSuite users, NetSuite itself is their biggest data repository and NetSuite provides native resources to model that data. But for some organizations, additional data analysis resources can become necessary for numerous reasons. When evaluating options, various questions can come up, such as which approach best fits, whether spending a large amount of money for a high-end NetSuite reporting tool would serve the purpose, and if there will always be in-house expertise to manage complex reporting systems.
Considerations When Selecting an Analysis Solution for NetSuite
- Implementation Time: Whether the business builds in time for a longer implementation or would rather have the ability to install and configure within minutes with minimal time spent, it is important to have a well-defined plan with costs and resources thoughtfully considered. When working with a vendor it could be beneficial to request documentation of what is included in implementation, if there are any additional costs, and how long it is expected to take. This will allow the team to plan accordingly.
- User adoption: When it comes to selecting an analysis solution, an organization can identify the most sophisticated system, but if no one uses it, it will not achieve the desired results. If possible, run a test or a pilot with a group of users or make sure that the analysis solution is based in a program that users are already familiar with, such as Excel or Power BI.
- Features: Having a deep understanding of the business challenge that needs to be solved helps determine how to prioritize features. There may be an abundance of features available but some may not be important and could end up being underutilized if an in-depth analysis is not done at the beginning of the assessment process.
- Cost: Finding out the cost of a solution as early as possible and weighing that against the budget helps eliminate moving forward in an assessment process where cost and budget are not aligned.
Characteristics of the Ideal Analysis Solution for NetSuite
- Timely: Beyond considering the implementation time, the analysis solution should have the ability to present near-real-time data automatically without having to go through the hassle of extracting, transforming, and loading data manually.
- Ease of use: There are many details to consider when assessing ease of use, but at a minimum, the ability to bring NetSuite data into a spreadsheet with predefined templates without exposing the complexities of data should be top of mind.
- Powerful visuals: During the evaluation, gain confidence that the solution can present out-of-the-box, eye-catching, easily-consumable reports with graphs and charts by leveraging the power of spreadsheets or business intelligence applications.
- Security: One of the most important considerations. Ensure decision makers understand whether the solution has the ability to keep data intact while respecting NetSuite security and providing the flexibility to securely share reports with non-NetSuite users.
How CloudExtend Excel for NetSuite helps you make correct, timely decisions
CloudExtend’s strong background in ERP and CRM provides applications that allow NetSuite end-users to work exponentially faster, as well as more securely and accurately. CloudExtend Excel for NetSuite is capable of visualizing data to provide all the insights needed to make the right business decision at the right time. It has the flexibility to customize and control NetSuite data. Some key features of CloudExtend Excel for NetSuite are:
- Providing secure access to NetSuite data in Excel and allowing users to improve accuracy by creating a template once in Excel and removing previous manual processes needed to analyze data based on saved searches
- Streaming NetSuite saved searches into Excel, running large (or small) searches on schedule, and connecting multiple searches with Excel Power Query or Power BI
- Visualizing NetSuite data with dynamic pivot tables, charts, and advanced formulas, and embedding Excel files in NetSuite dashboards
- Offering a quick and intuitive implementation within a familiar environment, Excel, to maximize user adoption
Report Template Examples: CloudExtend
Excel is a blank canvas just waiting for you and CloudExtend. Below are just a few reports we built using CloudExtend.
For Finance | Board Ready Financials
(switch dates on the fly and see your data update in less than a second)
For Finance | A/R Aging
(by customer, age, and by sales rep with subsidiary slicers)
For System Admins | Login Audit Trail
(with slicers for status, department, role, and login detail)
For Marketing Teams | Lead Report
(with slicers status, subsidiary, lead source)
For Sales Managers | Opportunity Status Report By Rep and Item
(with slicers for subsidiary, status, forecast type, and probability)
For Sales Managers | Sales Report By Rep and Item
(with slicers for year, subsidiary, and item class)